There is good news for Veterans who have had a foreclosure. Afterforeclosure.com loan officer affiliates have reported of new programs that will help Veterans get a VA Loan after foreclosure 2013 with as little as 2 years seasoning. This will help Veterans be able to get back into homeownership 1 year sooner than previously allowed. To get a VA loan after foreclosure in 2013, you need the following requirements:
- Certificate of Eligibility and DD214, (for veterans only)
- NO money down!
- Residence addresses for the past two years
- Names and addresses of your employers over past two years
- Your current gross monthly salary
- W2′s for the past two years and current check stubs
- For self-employed individuals, you will need to provide personal tax returns for the past two years, current income statement and balance sheet for the business
Additionally, you will need to pay for a credit report and appraisal of the property.
Interest rates are still at historic lows on VA loans so it may be time to start home shopping!