SEEN ON

(888) 634-4260

(888) 634-4260

VA loan after short sale

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mitchel 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan
    Jonathan

Buying a home with a VA eligibility after a short sale has a shorter waiting period.  Some lenders require 3 years.  I can do it  in just 12 months with no downpayment required, just the VA funding fee.  If you don’t have VA eligibility, then you would need at least 20% down to buy again after just 2 years.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Admin Admin.

nick

Lots of veterans out there purchased during the boom, but thankfully most of those loans were not VA backed so they retain their VA eligibility.  If you still have your VA eligibility, now is a great time to use it and you can get in a “real” housing market that is at or nearing the bottom.

Gretchen

Jonathan,
    I have clients I think you can help with a VA loan (I’m a realtor). Please advise how my clients can contact you.

Admin
    Admin

Gretchen, you can email me at jonathan @ afterforeclosure.com Thanks! Send me your number if you want me to call you.

Jonathan

jazzmin

We need help in paying off a debt from a previous VA foreclosure. Are there any programs out there that will pay off the debt and do a payment plan with promissory note (without putting on credit history) This is the only thing hold my husband and I to purchase our new home.

Jonathan

Jazzmin,

What state do you live in? Also how long ago was your foreclosure or shortsale?

MelissaM

Hi Jonathan,
    I just stumbled across your thread here. We had to do a short sale on a conventional loan about 10 months ago after a temporary loss of income. My husband is eligible for the VA loan and we would love to take advantage of it but we have been told 2-3 years everywhere we’ve looked. We have credit scores in the 700’s and the only dings on our credit are from the short sale. We have never missed any other payments before or after that. Do you think there is a way for us to use our VA loan sooner rather than later?

Jonathan
    Jonathan

MelissaM,

10 months is the perfect time to start getting pre-approved. I can do a new VA loan just 12 months after a short sale as long as the mortgage you had a short sale on wasn’t a VA loan. Email me at jonathan@afterforeclosure.com. Please let me know what state are you looking to purchase a home in. I look forward to getting you pre-approved!

Brian

I did a short sale on a conventional loan back in November 2012. I am a combat veteran of Iraq. I went through the HAFA program. Do you think it’s possible to get a VA loan earlier than two years? My credit is good. Only blemish is short sale and one missed payment due to the short sale. Otherwise, I have always made my payments on time.

Brian

I should add that I live in Florida, one of the hardest hit states.

David

Hi

We completed a short sale about 14 months ago. We currently have a VA loan which we obtained about 2 years ago. We are looking to buy a new home and would like to use our VA loan again. Our credit score is around 700 with the only blemish being the previous short sale. When we got the current VA loan, the short sale was complete and therefore had not hit my credit report. Will I be able to get another VA this soon after my previous short sale?

Jonathan

The program has changed unless there are extenuating circumstances. It’s now 24 months after short sale. I do many of these loans though and can help you avoid common pitfalls that people face when trying to get approved through less experienced loan officers in this particular area. Email me at Jonathan@afterforeclosure.com

jazzmin

Jonathan

Hi I live in Texas and the foreclosure/short sale was back in 2003

Admin
    Admin

Jazzmin,

If you are looking for a loan after foreclosure / short sale back in 2003, then you should be eligible depending upon a couple other factors. Email me when you get a moment. Thanks!
    jonathan@afterforeclosure.com

Mitchel

I think the admin of this web site is really working hard in
    support of his website, for the reason that here every information is
    quality based material.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do You Qualify? Click Here to Find Out!